> From: MBarton@pink.co.uk
>
>  >Please, Please, PLEASE don't use LVLCHK(*NO) I have never (ok rarely ever)
>  >seen this used successfully. It almost always causes more trouble then
it's
>  >worth.
>
>  Walden
>
>  In this particular instance I would agree with not using LVLCHK(*NO).
>
>  However, I would be intrigued as to how you deal with any As/400 Querys
>  you have around?
>
>  My customers have several thousand  ....
>
>  Or don't you have any ?
>
>  Mike

We have several thousand queries - about 10% of my end users create them.
The nature of our application is such that we rarely alter file structure.
When we do, there is a research project to find everything that accesses them.

Thus level check for a query is only a problem when a query creates a file
that some other query uses & then someone changes the first query.  Only 3 of
our users are sophisticated enough with query to be doing that ... me & 2
others, one of whom I have trained in writing CL for query strings from
menus.  So this is not a problem for us.

There has been some discussion in the archives & at
http://www.as400network.com/Forums/Main.cfm?CFApp=59
DB2 & SQL & Query/400

on the topic of accessing *QRYDFN data to get at what queries access what
files, so that if there was a file you interested in, you could get at all
the queries that access it.