Interesting thought, so I tested it out.

On our V4R4 system, I used:
CRTPF FILE(QTEMP/TEST1) RCDLEN(100) SIZE(*NOMAX)
CRTPF FILE(QTEMP/TEST2) RCDLEN(100) SIZE(2147483646 32767 32767)
CRTPF FILE(QTEMP/TEST3) RCDLEN(100) SIZE(2147483646 1 1)
CRTPF FILE(QTEMP/TEST4) RCDLEN(100) SIZE(5000 300 25)

The 2nd & 3rd CRTPF's failed, said it exceeded the maximum value for
number of records.

DSPFD TYPE(*MBR) on TEST1 shows:
  Initial Member Size: 0
  Increment Number of Records: 0
  Maximum Number of Increments: 0
  Record capacity: 2,147,483,646

DSPFD TYPE(*MBR) on TEST4 shows:
  Initial Member Size: 5000
  Increment Number of Records: 300
  Maximum Number of Increments: 25
  Record capacity: 12,500

So....  it doesn't appear possible for DSPFD to show/calculate
2147483646 + (32767 * 32767).  Unless *NOMAX files are showing up
differently in DSPFD than what I'm seeing.

Dan Bale
IT - AS/400
Handleman Company
248-362-4400  Ext. 4952