Martin,

For someone who is subscribed, and is taking the time to go through the
e-mails to see what's being said, then an attachment is pertinent,
particularly when something like a table from M$Word will not import easily
into Lotus Notes.  This is as opposed to someone who is fishing for data to
steal into another (their own) presentation.

This will get me into an internal policy discussion, which I do not have
time for before COMMON.  The solution will either be not to respond as
opposed to what I did this morning, or ask people to send me private
e-mail, which is time consuming.  I would not choose to put these up as
downloads on the midrange site, just as I would not chose to do the same on
my site.

I have used the private e-mail solution before when I had large attachments
to send,. and it worked well.  I felt that 10 K was not unreasonable,
particularly given the speed of today's lines and David's new hardware.

With regard to the Insider Weekly Article that David chose not to allow me
to attach (his prerogative entirely, and I totally respect that), anyone
who would like a copy should send me a private e-mail, and I will respond
accordingly.  It was a fairly interesting WTC disaster story, which did not
contain advertising in my opinion.  In all likely hood, that opinion is
wrong, as  I guess that I don';t know very much about this marketplace.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com

                    Martin Rowe
                    <martin@dbg400.net>       To:     midrange-l@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                  cc:
                    midrange-l-admin@mi       Subject:     Re: Deleting
attachments
                    drange.com

                    10/13/01 03:22 PM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

On Saturday 13 October 2001 6:53 pm, barsa@barsaconsulting.com wrote:
> I don't like posting my information on websites for the whole world to
> see. I prefer sending it to those interested.
>
> Al
>
> Al Barsa, Jr.
> Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

Al

As this list is already archived on the web, wouldn't that mean the info
was world available anyway? Not trying to be pedantic - just curious as
to the difference (if any).

Regards, Martin
--
martin@dbg400.net / jamaro@firstlinux.net