We have 9402-40S-2111.  We were running only Domino on that.  Single user -
for testing.  No significant performance impact when we upgraded to V5R1.
But, after all, it was special purpose.

I think I remember something that V5R1 will be the last release to work on
that machine.  I wonder why?

Rob Berendt

==================
A smart person learns from their mistakes,
but a wise person learns from OTHER peoples mistakes.

                    Barb Nash
                    <Barb.Nash@phbcorp.       To:     midrange-l@midrange.com
                    com>                      cc:
                    Sent by:                  Fax to:
                    midrange-l-admin@mi       Subject:     Will Upgrading to
V4R5 impact performance???
                    drange.com

                    10/08/2001 12:31 PM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

Hello,
    I am planning on upgrading our 9402 (model 400, feature 2131)from V4R3
to V4R5 in the near future. We have 194MB of RAM and 31GB, 43% is used. We
are running MAPICS, with approximately 50 users, both green screen and
client access.
      From what I have been reading on various web sites, postings... is
that when we upgrade to V4R5 there may be diminished performance. I have
spoken with IBM and they assure me that we will be OK, however our CE tends
to differ. I was wondering if anyone with our configuration has done such
an
upgrade and what impact it has had.

Thanks for your help.
Barb