I have a client that is finally moving off a dialup circuit and 5294. The
router and VPN is all in place and CA/400  is giving us both display and
printer sessions. The old twinax client on the PCs had things printing
pretty well. We were able to force the printers to a font and also force
everything to portrait.

With CA/400 Express 4.5 with the latest service pack I can only get the
reports to go portrait but can't the font I want. The client wants
basically a very tall 17 to 20cpi font with a large line spacing...ie 66
lines fills an 8.5 x 11 page. I have 3 different PC with 3 different hp
printers, a LJ6, a LPIIIP and a LJ1100 off which none are directly
supported via CA/400 Express.

Does anyone have a tried and tested WSCST objects that will handle this
font issue? IBM's ASCII printer support doc tell me that they suggest the
HP5si WSCST for the LJ1100. I've tried IBM's example as well as Brad
Stone's examples but there must just enough differences that I can't get
it looking like the old client does.

Kirk Goins
IBM Certified AS/400 Technical Solutions
Pacific Information Systems - An IBM Premier Business Partner
503-290-2104           kirkg@pacinfosys.com
"WE KNOW TECHNOLOGY"