>We have a modem which has the capability to
>transmit at 14.4 bps rates. However, all of our
>current incoming and outgoing communications
>through these modems are being done at 4800 bps.
>
>Does changing the line speed (CHGLINBSC) for
>a binary synchronous line attached to a
>controller/device for synchronous modem communications
>change the connection speed the modem will communicate at?

Yes, LINESPEED relates to modem speed.

Do NOT change any communications related setting unless you are 100% certain
that:
1) The other end can/does match your proposed settings
2) The other end knows of your intent
3) The intervening network can support the proposed change
4) The proposed change doesn't violate any I/O aggregate speed limits
5) Your modems aren't hard-wired to used 4800 bps

Buck Calabro
Commsoft; Albany, NY
Visit the Midrange archives and FAQ at http://www.midrange.com
"For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and
wrong."
 -- HL Mencken