Also remember that s/36 files don't allow for a "hard delete."  (You can't
even use a delete database trigger with them!)  You typically have to set a
status field to "D" and copy the file to get rid of unwanted records.  Yuck!

If it doesn't impact too many programs, you may consider avoiding the
band-aid fix and just re-create the file as a full-featured, db2/400
(native) file with all features and functions.

William
William Washington III
Njia Systems Incorporated
w.washington3@njiasystems.com