  • Subject: Re: QCMDEXC Wrapper
  • From: Mel Rothman <mel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 12:06:20 -0500

Or you could write your own subprocedure.  The following sample includes
pieces of CGIDEV2's docmd subprocedure.

 * docmd
prototype

Ddocmd            pr            10i
0
D  cmd                        2000    const varying
options(*varsize)

D rc              s             10i
0

C                   eval      rc = docmd('WRKOUTQ
*ALL')
C                   eval      *inlr =
*on

 * docmd
subprocedure

 * Executes a CL
command
 * Returns 0 if executed without error; otherwise
1.
P docmd
D docmd           pi            10i
0
D  cmd                        2000    const varying
options(*varsize)
D cmdlen          s             15p 5
D wrkcmd          s           2000
C                   eval      cmdlen = %len(cmd)
C                   eval      wrkcmd = cmd
C                   call(e)   'QCMDEXC'
C                   parm                    wrkcmd
C                   parm                    cmdlen
C                   if        %error
C                   return    1
C                   else
C                   return    0