  • Subject: Re: Midrange Computing is liquidating.
  • From: "Chris Rehm" <javadisciple@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 17:14:14 -0700

Leif,
    Your words were very specific, that's why I quoted them. If you wish to
change your statements, go ahead and say so.

    I agree that it seems the AS/400 is close to the point in its life cycle
where it is simply a supported legacy system. However, I do see that IBM is
working hard to keep that from happening. For the simple reason they want to
make money with it. I want them to, also. I am hoping that some of the
directions IBM is taking with the AS/400 (iSeries) will pay off and it will
be around for a long time to come. Even if it only brings in $10 billion
annual, IBM should keep it around.