> The "drive stuff"  is the most recent testament to the kind of ignorance
> that always seems to accompany threads such as this one.

I referred to it as "drive stuff", "the price of AS/400 disk drives and
current quality issues", and "drive issues".  How selective of you.

> > A shill may be a shill, but this .NET stuff is the mother
> > of all shills.
>
> Pin that one on your fridge, Jim. One day you'll look at it with the same
> level of amusument we now assign to this little gem:
>
>     "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." --Thomas
> Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

I originally thought that associating my comments with Thomas Watson's 1943
quote was about as relevant as associating this Microsoft Messaging/.NET
thread with the AS/400 Disk drives thread.  Perhaps you're on to something
though.  I agree that FIFTY-EIGHT YEARS FROM NOW my .NET comment may seem
pretty silly too.

If you want to comment on the problems with disk drive quality,
mis-implementation of 10,000 RPM technology, or the likely possibility of a
cover-up of said problems (otherwise known as "drive stuff"), go ahead.  If
you want to defend Microsoft or point out the weak or pedestrian arguments
in this thread, go ahead.  I thought that it was a bit odd, however, to
suggest that we shouldn't be having this discussion about Microsoft because
IBM has problems too.

At the heart of this thread were some interesting points.  There's quite a
bit of irony in Microsoft's major Internet service failure occurring as
they're proposing a new era of computing based on Microsoft Internet
Service.  Yes, the bashing can become oversimplified or gleeful.  I do think
that most of the dialog rises above the level of whether Wolverine could
beat up Batman.

-Jim

James Damato
Manager - Technical Administration