  • Subject: Re: V4R5 UPGRADE questions - 2nd try
  • From: Pete Massiello <pmassiello@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 14:20:28 -0400

Be aware of some Journal / Journal Receiver PTFs that need to be applied to the
system before the upgrade from V4R3 to V4R5 (has to do with old journals).  I
think they are now referenced in the PSP bucket.  Overall, it is a very simple
upgrade.  I can't recall exactly, but I thought I remembered a big jump in disk
usage from V4R4 to R5.  It may have been to do with Websphere.

    Make sure you order the Group PTFs for Database, Hipers, and Backup &
Recovery, in addition to the latest CUM.

    HTH

            Pete Massiello

Other than t

--