Avi, you make a great point, you really do.  I've wondered about this for years.  The whole point is that it doesn't make any difference what the facts are, what you've said is a pretty general perception in a lot of minds.

IBM has done a disgraceful job of helping users around the world find any real value for these huge price differences.  I will add that what I do see is that people that try both solutions seem to be more successful and happier with a AS/400 solution than with a scattering of Win-tel boxes on their computerscape.  But  again, that is just a feeling; IBM has done nothing to help me see a positive spin on your statement.

Booth Martin
Booth@MartinVT.com
http://www.MartinVT.com

"Avi Hecht" <avi_hecht@hotmail.com>