Switch off Auto-config until you need it again & restrict authority to the
existing DEVDs ?

Are they virtual devices ? In Client/Access Menu option
Communication/Configure, your users can nominate the workstation ID   (e.g.
DD999) they will use, & you can edit the authority to it, making it PUBLIC
(*exclude) to all but
the individuals concerned)

I'm wondering what the issue is with restricting the resource - confine
them to a faster subsystem ? a particular controller ?
Either way, you can secure your objects with EDTOBJAUT ...

Hope  that helps,
Fiona

(who once created a devd owned by QSECOFR & was not popular for it!)

"Dave Snyder" <dsnyder@blcnet.com>@midrange.com> on 07/05/2001 20:52:40

Please respond to <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>

Sent by:  <owner-midrange-l@midrange.com>