  • Subject: Re: Network Pasthru
  • From: Neil Palmer <neilp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 15:20:07 -0400

Yes - V3R2 will need TCP utilities.

...Neil

"Roger Vicker, CCP" <rvicker@vicker.com>
Sent by: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com
2001/05/04 17:26
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L

        To:     MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
        cc:

Neil,

OK. The V4R4M0 with TCP system already has CHGNETA ALWANYNET(*YES).
So, how do I set
up the routes on the V3R2M0 and V4R4M0 over the SNA? Will the V3R2M0
system need
the TCP utilities (which it doesn't have)?

Roger Vicker, CCP

neilp@dpslink.com wrote:

> Yes - if you configure IP over SNA you will be assigning an IP address
> the destination 400 and you'd use that (again assuming your routes are
set
> correctly) to open a Telnet session direct to that 400.  I played with
IP
> over SNA a little about a year or so ago, to get OpsNav to run over an
> SDLC line (ECS modem) to a remote system.  My memory is a little fuzzy
on
> it, but I think it worked.
>
> ...Neil
>
> "DeLong, Eric" <EDeLong@Sallybeauty.com>
> Sent by: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com
> 2001/05/04 09:48
> Please respond to MIDRANGE-L
>

>         To:     "'MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com'" <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>
>         cc:
>         Subject:        RE: Network Pasthru
>
> Neil,
> I didn't realize IP could go over SNA. I've always seen/heard of Anynet
> being SNA over IP. If that's the case, then I'll defer to your answer.
How

--
*** Vicker Programming and Service *** Have bits will byte ***
www.vicker.com ***

There's a seeker born every minute.