  • Subject: model 150 will not boot
  • From: "Steve Richter" <srichter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:45:16 -0400

I have an as400 advanced entry model 150, twinax.

It has been idle for about 1 year and now when I turn it on I get the following:

30 seconds into the boot I hear 3 alarm like tones, each about 1 second in duration, one after the other. The sound seems to come from/near the cd and 2gb tape drive.

60 seconds later I hear the same noises followed immediately by the amber system attention light and the error code B101 4507.

any ideas on the cause of the problem?

I would also like to replace the token ring card with an ethernet one.  Can someone tell me the feature code I need so I can look for it on ebay?

thanks,

Steve Richter