  • Subject: RE: batch job that uses a dspf.
  • From: "Walden H. Leverich" <WaldenL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 17:00:38 -0400

OK, I'm curious, what is an "Interactive Subsystem?" I know we _think_ of
QINTER as interactive and QBATCH as batch, but there isn't any real
difference between these, is there? I'm not suggesting that the two
subsystems are configured the same, but just that the _only_ difference is
one of configuration. If I configured QINTER to have the QBATCH jobq and
QBATCH to have all the workstations wouldn't QBATCH be my "interactive"
subsystem and "QINTER" be my batch?

In short, a subsystem is a subsystem, period. There is no difference between
"interactive" and "batch" subsystems, no?

-Walden