  • Subject: RE: V5R1 Library List Enhancement (was: PRTCMDUSG RTVJOBA)
  • From: "York, Albert" <albert.york@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:24:09 -0700

The last time that I remember that we had to recompile our programs when we
upgraded the OS was on the System/38, and we had to recompile all of our C/L
programs. I think that was around 1982.

The system/38 was still fairly new at that time and IBM was apologetic about
it. They said they would never do it again. So far, they haven't.