Mandy,

SETI = Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence project.  It's analysing
radio signals etc from space looking for signs of intelligence.

The @ Home bit generally uses special screen savers on PC's that analyse
chuncks of that data that have been downloaded from the Internet.  Obviously
packages for other OS's are available.

Enables a large amount of computer power to be thrown at the problem.

Glad to see you're still going strong back at my old stamping ground.

Cheers
Graham

> ----------

 This email and any attachments are confidential and solely
 for the use of the intended recipient.  They may contain
 material protected by legal professional or other privilege.
 If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible
 for delivering to the intended recipient, you are not authorised
 to and must not disclose, copy, distribute or retain this email
 or its attachments.  Although this email and its attachments
 are believed to be free of any virus or other defect, it is the
 responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus free
 and no responsibility is accepted by the company for any
 loss or damage arising from receipt or use thereof.