• Subject: RE: Webservers - IIS, etc.
  • From: "jt" <jt@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 15:03:37 -0500

Title: RE: Webservers - IIS, etc.
David,

From what little I know, Apache on iSeries is much stronger than Apache on unix.  (It is available now as a PTF for V4R5.)

It's based on Apache version 2.0 where almost all others are based on version 1.3.x.  The security will be stronger since it's being integrated with OS/400, not just ported over.  There are other enhancements listed in the "Functional Overview" section of http://www.iseries.ibm.com/products/http/services/Apache.htm .

jt