  • Subject: RE: Webservers - IIS, etc.
  • From: "Schenck, Don" <Don.Schenck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:39:26 -0500

Dave --

The article means NOTHING. Seriously.

A more ACCURATE statistic would be this: Successful_Hacks / ATTEMPTED_Hacks

Ever occur to the anti-Microsoft zealots that, just _maybe_, more people
attempt to hack the IIS rather than, say, Apache. Think about it; the
"typical" hacker -- if you will -- is most likely to be anti-MS and pro-Open
Source. They don't like to feed off their own kind.

I'm NOT saying IIS is the most secure; but I AM arguing for some level of
statistical honesty. Remember: there are lies, damned lies, and statistics.

(and Microsoft press releases after that <grin>)

-- Don Schenck
   Schenck Technical Consulting
   DonS@SchenckTech.com / www.SchenckTech.com