http://www.icsa.net/html/labs/ certifies firewalls, has a list of those
certified, and a buyer's guide with security tips & advice for selecting
firewalls.  Their lab has approx 40 different firewalls continuously setup,
against which they test the latest security alert risks as they are
discovered.  Their web site lists the approx 40 products that they have
certified, by vendor & by product - you can click on details of their
Firewall Lab Reports for whichever product you interested in.

They also publish Information Security Magazine, have TrueSecure software &
services, run NTBugtraq, and are involved in a bunch of computer security
consortiums described on their web site.

My interest is a bit different than that of Al Barsa's.
My apartment complex is getting high speed internet service & I am very
interested, but previously with dial up AOL I did not think I needed firewall
on my personal PC, but with connected all the time to the internet it is a
definite must.  So I am attempting to get up to personal speed on what all is
involved.
Unfortunately when I tried to register at the ICSA site for getting free
downloads of firewall education, I experienced some Oracle error messages,
which I forwarded to their webmaster.

One thought I had had was to stick with Norton products, since I already have
NAV & Norton has a firewall product, but I see from the ICSA certification
that Norton is not on their list.  A lot of people have suggested Zone Alarm
which also is not here.

Other folks responding to Al Barsa have praised Sonic Wall, which is
certified by ICSA, and NT guard which is not.  I did not check exhaustively
vs. all the other posts but suggest other folks interested in firewalls check
out your favorite selection here & find out why your favorite vendor is not
here if in fact that is the case.  I suspect that ICSA is not connected to
AS/400 reality for example.

AS/400 Data Manager & Programmer for BPCS 405 CD Rel-02 mixed mode (twinax
interactive & batch) @ http://www.cen-elec.com Central Industries of
Indiana--->Quality manufacturer of wire harnesses and electrical
sub-assemblies - fax # 812-424-6838