  • Subject: Re: ECS Modem control
  • From: "Neil Palmer" <neilp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 16:41:58 -0500

Pat,

Main usage is that one of our SDLC lines that we use for Passthru support during the day is changed to PPP answer mode in the evening and on weekends by running jobs on the job scheduler.  Yes, the job varies off our passthru line with VRYCFG and then does a STRTCPPTP command to start a PPP connection profile.  This causes the PPP line to activate and the SETMDMASC('END') in the PPP line description changes the modem to Async mode (no programming needed).  Without the PTF's on V4R2 & V4R3 it would NOT set the 7852 modem back to Sync mode when the PPP profile was ended.

I hadn't really seen this described anywhere either - just noticed that Fax/400 could use the 7852 in Async mode without having to change any switches, so I looked found the SETMDMASC parm on the line description.

...Neil

Pat Barber <mboceanside@worldnet.att.net>
Sent by: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com

2000/11/28 15:44