From: Brad McDaniel [mailto:BMCDANIEL@ABSBC.ORG]
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2000 7:05 PM
To: 'MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com'
Subject: RE: As/400 Logon

Are you using the batch program to FTP to the 400?  If so, here's an
example:

batch command:
        ftp -s:commands.txt
        (Specifies a text file containing ftp commands; the commands will
automatically run after ftp starts. No spaces are allowed in this
parameter.)

commands.txt:
        username password
        put yourfile.txt
        quit

Not real secure, of course, because the username and password are in a text
file, but maybe this will help?

Brad McDaniel
Information Services
Annuity Board, SBC