  • Subject: Re: Client Access environments
  • From: Chris Bipes <chris.bipes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 20:45:24 -0700

CA Express has only one environment, TCP/IP, Period!  All systems are connect
via TCP/IP.  How you connect TCP/IP to the network in of no concern for CA
Express.  The old SNA way needed to know how to route/connect to your AS400,
there for you had multiple environments.  What were the differences between
your primary and DSS environments under CA?  Was one via SNA over your LAN and
the other TCP/IP remote dial up?  Any how that does not matter.  The APIs are a
little different for CA Express and CA 3.2.  Perhaps you could not use the same
API for CA Express as you did for CA.  What I do know, IMHO, is that CA Express
is faster and more efficient for the client and network than the old CA was.
Even if you used TCP/IP only for CA 3.2.

Christopher K. Bipes             Mailto:chrisb@cross-check.com
Senior Programmer/Analyst  Http://www.cross-check.com
CrossCheck, Inc.                  707 586-0551 x 1102
6119 State Farm Drive          707 586-1884  FAX
Rohnert Park, CA  94928