  • Subject: RE: Volume *N on device TAP02 is wrong type for *SL file QSYSTAP in QSYS after INZTAP
  • From: "Richard Jackson" <richardjackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 15:47:23 -0600

*SL means standard labeled.  *BLP means bypass label processing.  *NL means
non-labeled.  I think that *NS means non-standard labels.  I have no idea
what *LTM means.  This information is available in the manuals somewhere.

I can't tell you what went wrong.  If the tape has a volume label on it
(perform dsptap) then I guess that the volume label must contain a volume
ID.  If the tape contains no volume label, then the problem is that the tape
must have a volume label for the second job to write to it.

I hope that this helps.

Richard Jackson
mailto:richardjackson@richardjackson.net
http://www.richardjacksonltd.com