  • Subject: Re: AS/400 time warp or black hole?
  • From: Chuck Lewis <clewis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 18:20:42 -0700

Mark,

Do you have a QSYSMSG queue setup up ? Specific critical system error messages
go
there (to keep them out of "cluttered" QSYSOPR).  I THINK UPS/power related
messages are included in the QSYSMSG's.You have to create it and if it isn't
there they go to QSYSOPR...  I use it for password failure messages and get a
message sent to me and other key folks when this happens.

You can also create a message queue for UPS messages but some job has to have it
allocated or it can cause the system to shutdown when the UPS fails...

Also check the log (QHST) and see if there were any messages. Depending on how
things are setup there SHOULD be SOMETHING in there about power being off to the
UPS.

Didn't the UPS logs show something ? What model best because the ones we have
log
stuff like this...

Good luck !

Chuck