  • Subject: Re: Large screen monitor
  • From: Rob Dixon <rob.dixon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:05:49 +0100

Booth

What features would you like to see them include as enhancements in SEU?

I can understand your comment that it does the things you want it, so I am
befuddled about your wish that they continue enhancing it.  I can't
imagine what else they can add.  It now has full help screens, prompting,
copy and paste, copy append and paste next, 80 column, 132 column,
auto-backup, editable option file, and many other new and/or vastly
improved features.

I agree that SEU currently provides the functions that I require.  But if you saw the posting on this list with a link to "e-Xtreme Software for the Extreme
Machine", a most interesting long note by Bob Cancilla on www.ignite400.com on IBM's ambitious plans for the AS/400, it stated that they would be enhancing RPG (& others) with features such as freeform RPG that would not be supported in SEU.

If you haven't seen this, click on this link Extreme Software for the Extreme Machine

Of course, I don't know whether I will wish to use these new features as yet, but if I do, then I will have to drop SEU and use CODE/400 which will seem a step backwards.

Why should we be upset that the product is stabilized now?  There really
isn't much more that can be added is there?
a "CF" spec amongst others.

Rob Dixon

Erros plc

44 (0) 1844 239 339

http://www.erros.co.uk - The AS/400 Neural Database for the Internet

begin:vcard
n:Dixon;Rob
tel;fax:44 1844 239340
tel;work:44 1844 239339
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Erros plc
version:2.1
email;internet:rob.dixon@erros.co.uk
title:Chairman
adr;quoted-printable:;;Boarstall Tower=0D=0ABoarstall;;Bucks;HP18 9UX;United Kingdom
fn:Rob Dixon
end:vcard