  • Subject: RE: DDS Support
  • From: Bill Erhardt <ERHARDT@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 09:04:12 -0400

I agree that change must be forward and positive and I agree that RPG IV is
one of the best things that IBM has done for us in a long time but please do
not try to say that SQL is not a positive and forward change.  I've been
around for a very long time (actually wrote code in RPG (not II, III, or IV)
and since day one every program has been about the manipulation of data.
Your program reads it in, separates the wheat from the chaff, massages it,
and converts it into meaningful information.  Using the SQL select statement
makes the data selection process to clean and simple it should be a crime
not to use it.