Dave, I found your thread on this problem in the March archives.  And I
looked in our SYSCOLUMNS table and, sure enough, I now know why the columns
are coming out in the sequence they are.  Feature?!?!?!?  IBM can shove that
"feature" up their collective rear!

I emailed Chuck Pence earlier today, haven't yet gotten a response.  My
luck, he's probably on vacation this week!  I'll see if I can locate some
info on comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc as you suggested.

Can you turn off REUSEDLT on the SYSCOLUMS table?  And just make sure you do
a weekly RGZPFM on the file?

Maybe I'll go take a look at APAR II11189.

At least I can go tell our help desk to stop bothering the Rumba folks about
this.

- Dan Bale