From: Al Barsa, Jr. [mailto:barsa2@ibm.net]
Sent: 09 June 2000 22:33
To: MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
Subject: Re: 24/7 questions:

At 01:13 PM 06/09/2000 -0700, you wrote:
Hello all. I would like to revisit a topic that has come up more than once.
My shop will become a 24/7 shop within the next year, and I would
appreciate any and all advice on the best ways to accomplish this.
Mirroring servers, high availability software, shared journaling, etc. I
would like to know who has 24/7 shop and how they are managing. What are
you using for backup, and disaster recovery solutions?

We have several accounts that have this need, and we use the Mimix products from Lakeview.

As to D/R, you can fundamentally take two different approaches: Al

Separately I have a questions regarding Network attached storage. Is anyone
using this in conjunction with their 400? Does anyone know if it works? Is
there any documentation I could look into?

Any and all help will be appreciated.

-Matt

| Please do not send private mail to this address. |
| Private mail should go to barsa@ibm.net.         |

Al Barsa, Jr. - Account for Midrange-L
Barsa Consulting, LLC.
400 > 390