  • Subject: RE: one external IP to multiple internal IPs? Ideas?
  • From: Chris Bipes <rpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 14:29:38 -0700

Do you have separate domain entries in your DNS system.  i.e..
Serv1.domain.com, Serv2.domain.com....  Each of these can and should a
unique IP address.  This should not be done via the router but via the DNS
server.  I am NOT an expert on this but it is my understanding that this is
how it all is suppose to work.  I know we have several domains coming to our
router and from there to the proper server based on the DNS lookup.  The one
internal that the router points to should be the DNS server.

Christopher K. Bipes     mailto:ChrisB@Cross-Check.com
Sr. Programmer/Analyst   mailto:Chris_Bipes@Yahoo.com
CrossCheck, Inc.         http://www.cross-check.com
6119 State Farm Drive    Phone: 707 586-0551 x 1102
Rohnert Park CA  94928 Fax: 707 586-1884

If consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, only geniuses work here.
Karen Herbelin - Readers Digest 3/2000