  • Subject: Re: communications
  • From: Larry Bolhuis <lbolhuis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 12:19:53 -0400

Pat is right about the speeds.  Even the B boxes would actually do 64K on V.34
lines with no trouble, it was the FCC that said 19.2 had to be the limit.
Aggregate speeds for the controller must still be observed of course.

Crank the sucker up to 56 or 64K (Most will go to 56 some to 64) and most likely
it'll work fine.  If not, slow down till it does.

It's the double passthrough thats likely the real bottleneck.  If you set the
F50
to be an APPN *NETNODE (CHGNETA) and then configure the E10 to simply bounce off
the F50 for acces to the 620 you should see a significant speed increase.
(Create
a Device under the Controller for the F50 that names the 620 and do the reverse
on the 620 - THen use STRPASTHR "620")  This is because the F50 will just be
passing the traffic down at the COMM level rather than up and back down through
OS/400 and all the workstaiton code.

Having said all this, I would do the LAN route if at all possible.

 - Larry

--
Larry Bolhuis         |  It's 10PM.
Arbor Solutions, Inc  |  Have you rebooted your NT Server yet today?