*********The following is my personal opinion and could easily be construed
as the product of a diseased mind.**************

I dunno, I never got that upset about the "Magic Box" campaign.  Maybe I'm
naive, but I don't think technical people necessarily control the decision
to buy computers.  I thought the campaign was designed to make people feel
warm and fuzzy about IBM. Admittedly that's a tall order. <g>

If you can soften up upper management on the concept of IBM, then the
technical people can influence them to choose the appropriate product.  Of
course, there's only one. <g>

The "Magic Box" ads seem very similar in concept to the Sun and Microsoft
ads I've seen a few times on TV.

Just because the AS/400 is a superior product doesn't mean it's best to
market it that way. Enough of the Betamax or the Amiga, consider the
Packard.