  • Subject: RE: Problem compiling program
  • From: "McCallion, Martin" <MccalliM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 14:04:07 -0000

>I am trying to compile a CL source, part of the error code is
>shown below:
>
>   9500-       CRTBNDC    PGM(&USRLIB/TSRSAV)   +
>
>    9600                     SRCFILE(QUSRTOOL/QATTSYSC)
>TEXT(*SRCMBRTXT) +
>    9700                     SRCMBR(TSRSAV)  REPLACE(*YES)
> * CPF0885 30  System command CRTBNDC in library QSYSV3R2M0 is for
>TGTRLS(V3R2M0).
>
>The error was to the fact that the command CRTBNDC is for
>release V3R2MO.
>The current OS level is V4R3M0. How thwn can I compile this
>program to run
>in the current release. Are there any alternative or
>equivalent command in
>V4R3M0 ?

If memory serves, you only get this message if you try to run a command
that is in one of the previous release QSYS libraries.  In this case it
looks as if you are trying to run the CRTBNDC command from QSYSV3R2M0.

Check your library list; it's conceivable (though weird) that QSYSV3R2M0
has been added to the system portion above QSYS.  Alternatively, try
entering the command as QSYS/CRTBNDC...

Other than that, since you'd only have the CRTBNDC command if you have
the C compiler installed, I'm wondering whether it was installed at
V3R2M0, but hasn't been upgraded to V4R3M0?  Or a V3R2M0 version of the
command has been copied to a V4R3M0 machine?  I could imagine that
causing something like this.

Having said all THAT, I look back and see that you say you are trying to
compile a _CL_; so maybe you've just got the wrong command? :)

HTH

Cheers,

Martin.

--
Martin McCallion
Midas-Kapiti International

Apologies for the length of this sig, but company policy says:
This email message is intended for the named recipient only.  It may be
privileged and/or confidential.  If you are not the intended named
recipient of this email then you should not copy it or use it for any
purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person.  You should
contact Midas-Kapiti International as shown below so that we can take
appropriate action at no cost to yourself.

Midas-Kapiti International Ltd, 1 St George's Road, Wimbledon, London,
SW19 4DR, UK
Email: Postmaster@midas-kapiti.com Tel: +44 (0)208 879 1188 Fax: +44
(0)208 947 3373
Midas-Kapiti International Ltd is registered in England and Wales under
company no. 971479

.:.