  • Subject: NS router failes for TWINAX
  • From: Mark Davies <MarkUK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 21:45:36 +0000

Hello everybody.

After my success in my last issue (re: rstlib dev(tap01)) I thought I'd
get back to my CA/400 problem.

Once again, the system is:

9402 E04
V3R1M0

I have CA/400 installed on the AS/400 with the
Usage limit set to: *NOMAX

The installed versions are:

Client Access/400 Family Base                   V3R1M0
Client Access/400 - PC Tools Folder             V3R1M0
Client Access/400 for DOS with EXT Memory       V3R1M0
Client Access/400 - Ext DOS SBCS                V3R1M0
Client Access/400 - Ext DOS RUMBA SBCS          V3R1M0
Client Access/400 for Windows 3.1               V3R1M1
Client Access/400 - Windows 3.1 SBCS            V3R1M1
Client Access/400 - Windows 3.1 RUMBA SBCS      V3R1M1
Client Access/400 - windows 3.1 PC5250          V3R1M1

When I start and try and connect to the AS/400, I see activity on the
AS/400 (showing me that something is happening), then it fails:

Initialization completed
Connecting to system APPN.Q44E8565 via local name APPN.TESTPCS2
Processing Please Wait..
Processing Please Wait..
Connection to system APPM.Q44E8565 has failed
An allocation failed. This may be caused by a configuration error.

If I look at the NS-Router EVENT LOG I see that it starts to fail with
the following error:

RT000B - 9  (CM_TPN Not recognized)

which causes the following:

RT000B - 2 (CM_ALLOCATE FAILURE)
RT000B -18 (CM_PROGRAM Parameter Check)

If I check out the system messages:

Local System sent SNA negative response to controller PCSUPP on
device *N.

So... Do I have to start CA/400 on the AS/400 in any way?
What are TPNs and do I need them?
Is there an alternative to NS Router ?

Regards, thanks for your time.
Regards