  • Subject: Re: Workstation ID for Client Access
  • From: "Laurin Bruck" <lbruck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 08:52:23 -0800

See informational APAR 12112 at IBM's Client Access Web site.  It is slick.  We
are starting to roll it out.  YEA no more QPADEV* workstations.

HTH

Laurin Bruck
Technical Infrastructure
pmi Mortgage Insurance
415-291-5329
415-393-6412(fax)

>>> <mcrump@ballfoster.com> 7:08:03 AM 3/22/00 >>>

Rob,

How do you configure the incremental naming?  1 Named device isn't a problem but
I haven't been able to figure out how to do it in an incremental fashion like
you can with the network station.....I am using Express.

Michael Crump
Ball-Foster Glass Container Co.

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          Rob Berendt  |
|        |          <rob@dekko.co|
|        |          m>           |
|        |                       |
|        |          03/22/00     |
|        |          09:07 AM     |
|        |          Please       |
|        |          respond to   |
|        |          MIDRANGE-L   |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                       |
  |       To:     MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com                 |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Mike Crump/IS/Ball-Foster)        |
  |       Subject:     Re: Workstation ID for Client      |
  |       Access                                          |
  >-------------------------------------------------------|

If you have client Access V3R2 or Client Access Express installed,
yes, than it can be done.  By the way, Netstations had this capability
first.  This really inflamed the users using Client Access.  I
remember being at a prerelease of Netstations and an international
user looking to buy a huge gob of these would not until they could
name sessions.

nathansimpson@optusnet.com.au on 03/21/2000 09:42:48 PM
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet
To:  MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet
cc:
Fax to:
Subject:  Workstation ID for Client Access

Hi,

I was looking though the Network Station Manager help and saw where I could
give a name to 5250 emulation session with a "+3" or some other number
appended to the DISPLAY_NAME parameter.

This would allow three sessions to be started, all with different names, but
you only need to use the one icon.

E.g.. JOE+3 = sessions named JOE1, JOE2 and JOE3

Is there such an option available in CA.

If we could configure just one session but still have multiple sessions with
different defined names that would be heaps easier and better.

TIA.

Regards,

Nathan Simpson
Australian Wool Handlers