  • Subject: Re: Delete Records -File Re-org
  • From: Pete Massiello <pmassiello@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 17:18:51 -0500

The system does not need to be in a restricted state. That is a RCLSTG (Reclaim
Storage), and perhaps that is where the confusion lies.  Also, neither of these
processes take a few seconds, they both are dependent on numerous things.  A
reorg will take some time on a large file, depending on the size of your
AS/400s, number of Arms, #
deleted records, # active records, # of Access paths, etc.  I know we go into
quite a lot of items to forecast how long it will take to reorg a file in our
product.

    Pete Massiello

--
Pete Massiello