  • Subject: RE: AS/6000
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 13:05:19 -0500

It depends on how you define the best talent.  Most of ourselves don't
consider us the bottom of the barrel and yet still code RPG.  We've had
people in here from the local high school trying to decide on whether or
not they want to be a programmer.  Full tuition reimbursement and whatnot,
makes their eyes sparkle.  Although I do catch your arguement a little.
Many people were advised to switch jobs if their employer was hanging on
to their S/36 long after the 400 came out.  Are all those people still
running on CISC boxes fat and happy or is management trying to make up
their mind between RISC and something else?

Don.Schenck@WL.com on 01/21/2000 12:14:24 PM
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet