  • Subject: Property Management Software
  • From: "Gallagher, Debbie (CA - Toronto)" <dgallagher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 09:57:30 -0500

Nina:

There are a couple. Are you a big property management company? Commercial?
Both of these are pretty high end systems (e.g. not cheap, but do deliver
the commercial functionality for recoveries, sales, etc).

One is JD Edwards. The JDE World product is still available for property
management. The new OneWorld product is not ready yet for the R/E module -
they keep pushing the date out, and it is currently scheduled for release in
2nd quarter, last I heard.

The other AS/400 based Property Management System is CTI Limited in Dallas,
TX. Their product is AS/400 based, and has modules for Property Management,
Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, etc. Also has links
to their other two products, as SQL server (I think) Financial Planning
system called Horizon, and a Lotus notes based leasing workflow product
called SingleStep Lease Entry. CTI can be reached by contacting Rex McDowell
at (972) 776-3604. Main number is (972) 776-3600.

There is another PM system called CAPP, geared mainly to Ontario Residential
market, but it is a very small operation that is not making improvements to
its product - I wouldn't suggest even looking at it.

Of course, SAP can run on AS/400. It does have a real estate module, but I
wasn't impressed. The R/E piece was written for German residential
marketplace, and not designed for North America and not designed for
commercial. Maybe it's changed a lot in past two years, but I personally
wasn't impressed.

The two to look at would be JDE and CTI. Please let me know if you have
other questions.

Debbie Gallagher
dgallagher@deloitte.ca