  • Subject: TCP/IP Problems - Wrong Card On? Update - It Works!
  • From: "Gallagher, Debbie (CA - Toronto)" <dgallagher@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 11:33:32 -0500

Thanks to those who sent me suggestions. I know Dec 24 probably wasn't the
best time to be looking for help! I took time off between Christmas and New
Years and am back to work today. So, this morning I read over the
suggestions I got and:

WRKCFGSTS *LIN    Varied off the line and then varied it on again.  Tried
ping. Nothing.

Varied off the line, then unplugged the Ethernet cable at the back, plugged
it back in, then varied the line back on.
Then, STRTCP
WRKCFGSTS *LIN shows everything active
However, when I try to ping, nothing works, including ping 127.0.0.0

Back to my desk and read over my notes of what I've done recently. Wondering
if I changed something before the holidays and need to change it back.
Notice that the ping 127.0.0.0 was really supposed to be ping 127.0.0.1. Aha
. . .

Head back to the server room and try ping 127.0.0.1. It works!
Try ping 10.0.0.1. It works too, as do 10.0.0.1, 10.0.0.2, 10.0.0.3,
10.0.0.4, 10.0.0.8, and 10.0.0.9. Perhaps the STRTCP takes a while to get
working?
BTW, ping to 10.0.0.5 and 10.0.0.6 don't work. I check the server diagram on
the wall and they appear to not exist. Whew.

Go to the PC that first alerted my to my ping/tcp/ip problem. Try ping
10.0.0.7 for the AS/400. It works!

Thanks so much to all. Will keep you posted on my progress with the rest of
the install.

Debbie Gallagher
dgallagher@deloitte.ca