That is the sort of rudeness is the sort thing an employer can bring up in
the courthouse, or other place of importance.  Courts can be responsive to
a community's Chamber of Commerce, etc.
_______________________
Booth Martin
boothm@earth.goddard.edu
http://www.spy.net/~booth
_______________________

Larry Bolhuis <lbolhui@ibm.net>
Sent by: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com
01/01/2000 08:57 PM
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L

        To:     MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: A way out of jury duty?

> aw, it's not that bad.  i had to do it several years ago, and since we
> do contract programming, i didn't get paid for it either.  oh yes i did,
> $12 dollars a day!

  The part they greatly annoyed me was the complete lack of respect for
the
juror's time.  I had to serve back when our company (consulting) was only
5 of
us.  During the selection process we could not have laptops or pdas or
cellphones
or even notepads in the room.  We sat there like the accused doing NOTHING
for
four hours before the judge showed up. Then during selection they bounced
three
separate peace officers that were selected just because they were peace
officers.  This after wasting time asking them many questions.  Then when
it was
all over we sit there another 30 minutes and they announce that the
accused
pleaded to a lessor charge and we could all go.  For this they offered $5
(about
3 minutes of my time).  Theoretically they could have called me every day
for a
MONTH! Luckily the docket in our county is light!

 - Larry

--
Larry Bolhuis         |         What if it's True?
Arbor Solutions, Inc  |
MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
david@midrange.com