  • Subject: RE: Auditing Programmers
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 15:44:50 -0500

Roger,

I have access to early programs information also.  (I am probably not
even allowed to say that.)  When in this program you have to sign a non
disclosure agreement.  I will say this, I don't remember hearing anything
about ADTSCS.  Is the ADTSCS public information?  If so then I wonder why
IBM preannounced it.  It would hurt revenues in the short term because
several people might not purchase the product since it will soon be 'free'.
Granted it might accelerate some people to jump on the support bandwagon
and keep their operating systems current.  Another thing, I am not sure
when V5 will come out since, (can I say this?) there will first be V4R5.

This kind of action has happened in the past.  The AFP viewer used to be
a 'fee' product and now, with the right version of Client Access, is a
'free' product.

eric.kempter@RobertMondavi.com on 12/08/99 09:07:53 PM
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet