  • Subject: websphere(9090) from V4R3 to V4R4.
  • From: "Jaladi Ravi Kiran , Gurgaon" <jaladirk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 16:19:34 +0530

        Hi everybody,

Am putting  this thing to you all so that I get more clear clarification
about my dought, and moreover to confirm that my installation part of V4R4
is 100% successful without any problem.

When we're using  V4R3, we couldn't connect to the WebSphere Server i.e
:9090 port b'coz we don't  have the Group PTF for this WebSphere in V4R3
i.e. SF99025. Then we got this PTF from the Local IBM PSS and got it applied
on our System. After this we were able to connect to this 9090 port and were
doing some testing on this WebSphere which was going fine.

As per the IBM statement a PTF is something(error free S/W) which solves the
Bugs in the current version of the software and which will be totally fixed
in the next release of Software....right?

But here, in my case it's totally different, after upgrading my system to
V4R4 from V4R3 my WebSphere Server totally stopped, which was supposed to
work without any PTF applying for this.

But as Mr. Bleddyn Williams suggested ( few weeks ago) to load the WebSphere
and WebServer PTF's ,I did this and installed. But ,still am not able to
start this WebSphere Server.

Am just worried about my installation , has anyone came across this type of
problem.

But anyway, am still browsing some more information on the Web to get the
solution for this.

Can I get some clarifications from you.

Thanks & Regards
Ravi