  • Subject: RE: Help - Weird error with TCP printing & HPT
  • From: "Kahn, David [JNJFR]" <DKahn1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 10:09:10 +0200

I've found in the past that the connection can drop during the stage when
it's transforming the spooled file from SCS to ASCII. This stage is, or
certainly used to be, very, very s-l-o-w. The solution is to use 2 output
queues. The first one points to the second with transformation to ASCII. The
second, which is on the same AS/400 as the first, points to the remote with
no transformation. That way there's no long delay between the AS/400 and the
remote device - as soon as the ASCII spooled file goes into send it starts
streaming data. Clunky, but it works.

Dave Kahn
Johnson & Johnson International (Ethicon) France
Phone : +33 1 55 00 3180
Email :  dkahn1@jnjfr.jnj.com (work)
           dkahn@cix.co.uk      (home)