  • Subject: Re: Help - Weird error with TCP printing & HPT
  • From: bcurrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 09:37:06 +0000
  • Comments: Authenticated sender is <bcurrey@pop.ce.mediaone.net>

I had a problem at one client running 3.1 where a certain print job
would never print to a TCP/IP printer.  It would sit there all day
trying.   It turned out that the timeout was too low and when I upped
it, the problem was solved.  This only occurred at above 450 pages on
a printout.  I didn't get any "parameter 9" error like yours, but I
wonder if it might be a similar problem being dealt with to
differently by the newer OS.

Too bad they aren't leaving any of the bread crumbs for you...

Bob Currey
Currey & Assoc
bcurrey@mediaone.net
847-934-5076

> Date:          Tue, 05 Oct
1999 00:46:43 -0500
> From:          Bob Larkin <blarkin@wt.net>
> To:            MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
> Subject:       Re: Help - Weird error with TCP printing & HPT

> There are NO twinax attached printers. Funny thing, it prints just fine the
>majority of the time. For
> both my file and all others. Some days the problem will not appear, other
>days it might pop up three
> or four times.
>
> This client does have support from IBM, so they are not on a per-call basis.
>Manager just doesn't want
> to call. believes that since I wrote the program, I should fix it. Of couse,
>if they would set
> SAVE(*YES) on the spool file that caused the problem, I might have a clue to
>go on, but so far they
> haven't been able to find the time to do that.
>
> Bob
>
> "Art Tostaine, Jr." wrote:
>
> > Do you have an "old fashioned" twinax printer there?  If it prints on
>another printer fine, your
> > program is in the clear.
> >
> > That doesn't mean that you couldn't change your program to make it work.
>Like removing the
> > underline deal.
> >
> > All of those programs in your joblog that begin with "Q" are IBM's.  Why
>can't you call?  You guys
> > pay per call (like me)?
> >
> > Art Tostaine, Jr.
> > CCA, Inc.