• Subject: Re: Performance Tuning.
  • From: HwaRangRon@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 22:49:37 EDT

Mani,

Performance tuning is more of an art than a science, but there are some
basics. I'd first look for amount of memory for the number of concurrent
users. Then I'd look at disk space and make sure they're not in the 90
percent range.

If all thats ok, then you make sure that the memory is split up rationally
for the type of work being performed. Is the performance bad all the time, or
just at certain times of the day? By bad performance, do they mean a long
time between screens or do they mean their batch jobs are taking to long to
complete?

There are performance analyzsis tools built into the 400 to track whats going
on. You have to turn them on.

ron
+---