Glen,

I do not like being negative about this subject, and your note is extremely
positive. I am using Domino on a 620, w/V4R2, and it is not very responsive
for email or web services. The 620 is also my firewall & proxy server. Email
is using only POP3 clients. Other applications run on the 620, but Domino
can really kill them at times.

The setup I describe was partially decided on because it would position us
to do some web services integrated with the rest of our information
services. That does not justify email on this box, but it seemed somewhat
sensible to use it for email since I was thinking of Domino for web
services.

Can you relate some of the particulars about your setup? That might help me
to understand if I am just trying to use an under-powered, or under-sized
box for what I am doing, or if there is just some setup problems. I would
not even qualify as a rookie on AS/400 setup, so setup problems are indeed a
possibility. I would like to be able to continue on this path in a positive
manner if it really is feasible. I am installing more memory to try and help
remedy the situation.

TIA,
Bob Randall
Airxcel, Inc.