I am also considering this move for similar reasons. Modifying the Outlook
timeout to a longer setting has helped eliminate most of the problems of
logging on and getting email. However, I am using Domino, and the response
time has not been what I had hoped for, and Domino is taking quite a bite
out of our box. So,,, I need to add to the AS/400, add another AS/400, or
add another processor for email. I am leaning towards the latter.

Bob Randall