  • Subject: NetServer startup during V4R3 IPL
  • From: Diana Hicks <DianaH@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 16:12:27 -0400

I am having a problem with NetServer ending after starting with an IPL.  I
receive the following messages in the history log:

CPIB680  AS/400 Support for Windows Network Neighborhood (NetServer) QAS400
initialization complete.

CPIB683  The AS/400 Support for Windows Network Neighborhood (AS/400
NetServer) was unable to start.
 Cause . . . . . :   The required AS/400 NetServer job QZLSSERVER was unable
to start because of reason code 10.
   10 - Unable to retrieve host IP address because of return code 3.

CPF0920  All prestart jobs for program QZLSFILE in library QSYS in subsystem
QSERVER are ending for reason 1.  See reason 1 shown below:
     1 - The End Prestart Job (ENDPJ) command was entered.

CPIB681 AS/400 Support for Windows Network Neighborhood (NetServer) QAS400
ended.

I can start NetServer successfully by ending the QSERVER subsystem and
restarting it.  Also, I can start it using Operations Navigator.

Unfortunately, this is not the best solution since I am using Client Access
Express and plan on converting more users to it.  Keep in mind that I do not
have the STRTCPSVR command for starting NetServer since I am on V4R3.
Thanks for any help you can provide in resolving this problem.

Diana Hicks
Town of Jupiter
dianah@jupiter.fl.us