Here's a snippet to remove all of certain characters (The characters not
in arrray "OK") from a field; the rest of the code is at
http://www.spy.net/~booth/elimin8.htm

     C* I is the column # of the field we are checking;
     C* J is the column # of the field to which we are writing:
     C                     Z-ADD1         I       20
     C                     Z-ADD1         J       20
     C                     MOVEAFIELD     CT
     C* The array CT is 30 columns long; we need to check all 30 columns.
     C                     DO   30
     C           CT,I      LOKUPOK                       61 61=yes
     C* 61 = The character is in the array:
     C           *IN61     IFEQ *ON
     C           FLDA      ANDEQ'Include'
     C                     EXSR FILLSR